Congratulations to former Texas Rush player, Colby Case, and Belhaven University Men's Soccer: 2012 NAIA Men's Soccer National Champions!
Interview with Colby Case...
1. Which year in school and conference do you compete in? I am currently a sophomore, at Belhaven University in Jackson, MS. The Belhaven Blazers is a part of the NAIA’s Southern States Athletic Conference.
2. What position(s) have you played this year in college? During the 2012 Season I played as Center Defensive Mid, as well as Left and Right Outside Back.
3. What was the team's record? The Belhaven Blazers went 7-3-1 in our Conference and 19-4-1 Overall.
4. What's your major in school and when will you graduate? My major at Belhaven is Sports Administration and I intend to receive my degree in the spring of 2015.
5. What will you do upon graduation? Upon graduation I will pursue my passion of continuing my success in soccer at the next level.
6. How did Texas Rush help in your college search? Texas Rush is a great foundation for building great soccer players who want to take their game to the next level. Texas Rush was a great aid in the promotion of me through their Academy Program. I was able to showcase my abilities to be seen as well as sought out by many colleges. Texas Rush then optimized my connection with the college of my choice by keeping me in contact with the Coach on a consistent basis.
7. What advice would you give to a junior/senior in the club who is looking to play collegiate soccer? My advice for the Juniors/Seniors who are currently a part of the Texas Rush is to use the resources that the Club provides a.s.a.p. The coaching staff alone has connections through many college Coaches that they have worked with in the past. Each Junior/Senior must understand that it starts with them in asking questions and getting answers; you are your own agent. With being a part of any College Sports Program comes a great responsibility of appearance. This does not mean you have to change who you are, but it does mean you can no longer think of yourself as an individual but as a whole.
8. What's your #1 goal remaining in college? At Belhaven University our #1 goal as a program is not to win Championships or Titles, it has always been to make relationships that last and to 'Play the Perfect Game'. From this, Winning is a by-product.